Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Little Mermaid

So something big happened on our Fourth of July this year. {Aside from the fireworks.}


No, I didn't go into labor. {Was wishin' and hopin' though!}


But it was (almost) as equally exciting:

Swimming on her own for the first time! 

Yes, my baby girl decided she didn't need Mommy or Daddy to hold on to her in the pool! Granted, she's not reached Olympic levels yet, but I was so impressed and overjoyed for her. If you know my daughter, you know that one of the words that best describes her is "cautious".  This is the child that didn't walk until she was 16 months old. The child who cried when we went on the Hershey's Chocolate World tour ride.

So I was indeed cheering in my proud Momma moment.

Thankfully Daddy is an avid swimmer who has both life-guard and swim team captain titles under his belt. {Um, not to mention CPR and First Aid certification!} I am able to relax when he's in the water with her. I have no doubt that with a little more pool time and training, this little mermaid will be high-diving and butterflying in no time!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...