Friday, May 25, 2012

Fancy Friday Link Up: 12 Guests




Fancy Friday
The beautiful ladies at LoveFeast Table host a Link Up party every last Friday of the month called Fancy Friday. Everyone is welcome to create a post and link back up to join the fun!

Today's prompt: What 12 Guests would you invite to your table for a BBQ?

The possibilities are endless. Admittedly, when I see the number 12, The Twelve Disciples is the first thing that pops into my mind. And while it would be pretty inspiring to gather round the table for a good old fashioned barbecue with the the hand-picked friends of Jesus, I think I'll go another route.
So, here's a sneak peek at my guest list. Guests are in no particular order and - for the sake of technicality, I have chosen guests who are all currently alive:

1. Johnny Depp. I would request that he attend as Jack Sparrow to add a little whimsy to the evening. Of course he will oblige because, well, he is Johnny.

2. Adam Young, aka Owl City. This man is talented. Hands down my favorite musician. God has blessed him with a beautiful gift and I love that he shares it (along with his unashamed faith in Christ) with billions of people.

3. Troy Landry, Swamp People. Hubs and I love Swamp People on the History channel. It's both kitschy and endearing and Troy exemplifies the show perfectly. His simple charm makes him my favorite.

4. Zooey Deschanel. One word. Adorable. And she's got a sweet, silky singing voice to boot.

5. Kevin Clash. You and I call him Elmo. Talk about inspiration. Kevin is not just brilliantly talented, but after watching the documentary, Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey, it is clear that he lives to bring joy to each and every child he will ever come in contact with.

6. Candice Olson. Interior Designer featured on HGTV. Love her style, love her quirky personality.

{Let's cut to the chase, Candice. Please come redecorate my entire house.}

7. Lisa-Jo, blogger. I've never met Lisa-Jo, but I feel like we are kindred spirits. I follow her blog, The Gypsy Mama. She has been more of an encouragement to me than she will ever know. Here is one of my favorite posts.

8. Jim Parsons. Making us laugh as the persnickety genius Sheldon Cooper on CBS' Big Bang Theory since 2007. Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur...

9. and 10. Joel and Karen Williamson. Very dear friends who live in a galaxy far, far away (Perth, Australia, to be exact). You may not know them (or perhaps you DO), but they are hilarious and heart-warming and I miss them so much!

11. Bethany Hamilton. Surfer. Shark Attack Survivor. One brave chick! If we could all turn our tragedy into triumph as she has done, the world would be a more positive place!

12. Bear Grylls. A little bit for Hubs as much as for me. And I'd definitely find something crazy and make him eat it.


So there you have it. My twelve. Subject to change on any given day or hour.

Who would be on YOUR guest list?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...