Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Good Excuse

Just incase any of my tens of readers are wondering where I've been for the past two months, here is my excuse:



God has decided to trust me (ME!) with this tiny gift wrapped up as a perfect little boy. Parker James made his arrival on Friday, July 27 at 8:26 am. My post about his birth story to come later!

Now to the brutally honest part: this baby is kicking my butt! It took me two days to realize that my second child was nothing like my first. Nope. That would have been too easy (and I'm not that lucky). The good Lord chose to give me a challenge this time around. A crier. A constant eater. Nothing soothes but his Momma. And people, I. am. tired.

Thankfully, at 6 weeks he is growing out of the fussiness (thanks, in part, to figuring out that I can't eat chocolate while nursing - yes, you read that right - no chocolate.) And he is starting to show his sweet side. The smiling. The cooing. The cuteness. Sometimes I just melt!
 These past 6 (almost 7) weeks have been an adjustment period. For all four of us. Figuring out how to mother two children, how to show my love to both at the same time without making one feel neglected. It's a whole new world. So I ask that you please bear with me as I continue trying to live my new life (and take care of a new life!) all while still cooking, cleaning, playing, cuddling, sometimes yelling, and generally running this ship called a family. I WILL get back to blogging. That is a threat, not a promise :)

In the meantime, I hope you enjoyed the photos of my little guy. God is good. Amen?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...