Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Time Flies When You're...Outnumbered

Sigh.

My life is a blur these days.

Granted, a mostly joyous blur filled with giggles and slobbery kisses and tiny baby socks. But a blur nonetheless.

I SO want to get back into writing regularly. My mind yearns for a creative outlet. I miss sharing my thoughts on parenting. My failures. My triumphs. I long to come to this space and be honest about life as a mother. But most days after feeding, wiping, running, tickling, feeding, dancing, laughing, feeding, rocking, story-telling, and more feeding, I barely have enough energy to hold a conversation with my sweet, patient husband let alone sit down at my computer and "let the creative juices flow".

Today I decided to steal a few minutes for myself while my 3 year old naps and my 6 month old grows impatient on the floor for some attention.

And yes, I said 6 month old.

One might ask, What has having two kids taught you? My short answer: Having a second child has taught me that I know NOTHING about parenting. I'm just as clueless as I was the first time around.

I've been told that all children are different, but I didn't understand the depth of that statement until I had two to compare. Night and day, these two. Cut from the same genetic mold, yet not one similarity aside from physical appearances.

So I am learning. Every day. Learning what makes this little man tick. What he loves: cuddles, rocking, sleeping on his tummy. What he hates: bottles, being alone, Mommy eating chocolate.

It certainly is an adventure, this having-two-kids thing. It's not for the faint of heart {though sometimes I am} but I wouldn't trade my life for anything. No, this is where I'm supposed to be. In this very moment of life. In this mess. In this joy. Some days I might find time (and energy) to write. Some days I might not.

I'll leave you today with a quote about blogging that caught my attention. It's a quote from Annie Downs who also writes for (in)courage. She says, "The thing about blogging is that it is our real lives, it's just not the FULLNESS of real life."

Words of truth spoken to me today. I hope that you were blessed with some truth today, too.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...